Friday, August 2, 2013

Finnish art on summer pastures

Summer is soon over, and so are these summer exhibitions in the beautiful Finnish countryside.
I know this comes a bit late, but anyway - here are just a few examples of the works I liked best on my art tour yesterday in Orimattila (www.villaroosa.fi) and in Auttoinen.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did, and if you are interested in the artists just use the internet to find more information.
These were my Orimattila favorites.
 
Sade ( Rain) by Milla Kuisma.
Tuija Markonsalo: Club Cool.
 

Anu Tuominen: Plimsolls of a small berry picker.


In Auttoinen (www.auttoinen.fi) there was so much fun for the visitors! (But unfortunately the exhibition is open only until Saturday 3.8.)
Lasse Ursin: Juurijalkaiset. Drawing umbrellas activated by the movements of visitors.
Matti Rauhaniemi: Aphorisms. Be yourself, be a monster, be an optimist.
A wooden sculpture, coloured with crayons by Terhi Kaakinen.
Empty Stomach! Two little girls in a bit different bouncy castle by Andy Best and Merja Puustinen.

Photos©Paula Hietaranta




No comments:

Post a Comment