Friday, April 18, 2014

New wind in the old sails

Big weekend bag JOTO is made of sails and army fabrics, 
with a little details of red. Price 145 euros.
Good design is the only respectable way to sell products made of recycled materials. Add to that well made realization, and you have something that is a privilege to buy.
Anssi Tuupainen is one of my favorite Finnish designers, a guy behind Turo Tailor´s men´s clothing line Red Label. Now he has designed a summer bag collection for Globe Hope, a company making ecological design of recycled materials. Here you see two examples of the collection.
These bags can speak, too. Let´s hear what BAHARI has to say: - Ahoy there! I’m Bahari – Swahili for sea. I was born to sail and that’s what I spent my previous life doing. Now I enjoy the dry land adventures as well as being on the sea. I’m made of and old sail and decorated with bits and pieces of army fabrics. My drawstring mouth is an original army sack detail and my shoulder strap rope has a lot of sea milage behind it. I’m hungry for your essentials – I can fit in a lot - and I promise to keep them safe.
Price of Bahari is 115 euros.

Read also the thoughts of Globe Hope CEO Seija Lukkala about Summer 2014 African theme in her blog Recyclandia (and note that a part of this collections profits are donated to charity, this year to The Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Missions Shepherd girl project that helps the education of young Masai girls i.e. in the area of Morogoro).
For more info about the company and the addresses of shops and resellers in Finland and all around the world go here http://www.globehope.com/en



No comments:

Post a Comment