Sunday, November 13, 2011

75 years of down light quality

 
They are warm, clean, light. And pure.
They are the down products by Joutsen Finland Oy, and I know what I´m talking about. I adore my tiny travel down pillow and use it every night, even at home. My long down coat keeps me warm in winter when it is freezing cold.
This family-owned company is celebrating it´s 75th anniversary this year. The founders were the grandparents of the CEO Eero Kotkasaari. The company started as a hobby of his grandmother Saima 1936, and grew to a business with the help of her Danish husband Marius Pedersen, then a director it Finnish State Margarin Factory.
Today the aim of the company is make the world´s best clothing and bedding down products. With the help of talented Finnish designers, of course. Here are a couple examples of A/W 2011-12 coat collection, photographed by Jonas Lundqvist.

Dora coat by Ritva-Liisa Pohjalainen.
Tara coat by Tuula Rossi.
More info about Joutsen Finland, even in English, you find here http://www.joutsen.fi/
If you are interested in the details of the down cleaning process, check out: http://www.joutsen.fi/en/down/the-joutsen-down-system-process


 

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing company with great product and kudos to them. But, may I just say - the new photos don't match the expected standard at all. Is it the lack of good art direction, great marketeers and the typical downfall of family run businesses doing too many things by themselves? I don't know why exactly but the images are stuck in the nineties. Just have a look at a French example. Similar company but a whole different visual story. I think this video will complete the red thread of this rant pretty well. http://moncler.com/dont-steal-the-jacket

    ReplyDelete