Sunday, April 24, 2011

All you need is love

 Janne Laine & Outi Heiskanen: Lapsenvahdit, 2011.

Sometimes it is inevitable – you just cannot help falling in love.
I fell in love last Tuesday in Galleria Duetto in the graphic art exhibition by Janne Laine and Outi Heiskanen. The combination of Icelandic landscape photography, weird creatures and sense of humour struck like a lightning. Their work tells so much more than it shows.
This Babysitters (Lapsenvahdit) was my favorite. Who are they and who am I? Am I the trusted one, responsible? Or am I the one sitting there, a bit frightened? Which part in me are they watching? And why?
Galleria Duetto, Kalevankatu 15, Helsinki. This exhibition is open until 29th April, Tu-Fr 11-17, Sa-Su 12-16.
If you want to know more about the artists, go to
  

No comments:

Post a Comment