Friday, November 5, 2010

Beauty for all senses

Tilda Swinton as Emma Recchi in I Am Love, directed by Luca Guadagnino.

I have seen a lot of movies lately, both good and not so good. But yesterday I had a real movie experience: I Am Love (Rakkautta italialaisittain), a film that is a magnificent combination of emotion, lust and beauty. It awakes your senses, it runs fluently and shimmeringly like honey. You can almost taste it, smell it, sink into it.
The story itself is as artificial as the Italian pompous architecture of 30´s, but the shine of Tilda Swinton and the beauty of the photography makes seeing it worthwhile.
Tilda´s clothes by Jil Sander show the idea of quality and design at it´s best: how sensual is the fashion when it gently caresses a woman´s perfect body.
And Tilda – next I´d love to see her in the role of Wallis Simpson...

No comments:

Post a Comment